Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mission Impossible

I love love love being a mother. However i do not love the extra pounds i am not shedding from becoming a mother. I always told myself do not expect to just lose the pregnancy weight without having to try to lose it. But i guess i still expected it to against my better judgement. I have about 10 pounds left to lose of pregnancy weight and then another 10 to get down to wedding weight. My gyno told me the following at my 6 week check up "Only 10% of women ever get back down to their pre-pregnancy weight...ever" why on earth would he tell me that! Even if it is true, lie to me and tell me a more appealing statistic. I know it'll be tough but i've got to do it. So 20 pounds is my goal. Im not sure by what time i will achieve this for 2 reasons 1) I feel like breastfeeding is holding onto some fat, for what reason i do not know. I mean i literally feed daphne at least 8 times a day still and its not burning the calories up thats apparent and 2) i dont know when i will stop breast feeding so therefore i can not put a date on it. But im thinking 3 months from when i stop should be sufficient enough. I'll need people checking up on me and motivating me to lose this weight!



THE CULPRIT


NOW


HOPEFUL END PRODUCT

8 comments:

  1. WTF You look INCREDIBLE in that picture of you now. No joke you look so good. I mean you look good in the before picture too but you have changed since you lived here and holy crap you are so beautiful! And that picture of Daphne ha ha I don't even know what to say! I just keep laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha ha ha. I laughed so hard when I read this post! Daphne looks totally guilty! You're beautiful, I miss you and enjoy your baby, your weight will come off.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you look great!! You should stop being so hard on yourself! Everyone always says how gorgeous you are - you need to start believing it! Also, what is up with that little baby??? She makes the funniest, weirdest, little faces! Who does she learn them from....... Hmmmmmm.. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. okay so I just blog stocked you! I just stopped breastfeeding Scarlett, she is 8 months. I tell you it is amazing how not hungry you are when you are not breastfeeding. It is so much easier to watch what you eat and exercise when you don't want to stuff your face! PS you look awesome and you know it! Oh Daphne is just A-DORABLE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy you look great!!! And let me just tell you I am jealous that you are still breastfeeding. I am the complete opposite!! I lost so much while breastfeeding and now that I'm not I've put some on and it is so frustrating. My baby isn't eating my fat anymore so I'm going to have to actually do something about it! haha Uggh so not a diet person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are a Zockoll. We don't lose those last 10 lbs until we are done with feeding. Keep feeding her. Remember it takes 9 months to gain that weight, so give your self at least 9 months to lose it. For me it's even more. Wish we lived closer so we could workout together. I love Daphne's face. Love you skinny sister!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I cannot believe your doctor told you that!! He should have lied!! And I also think that statistic is completely made up. Don't believe him! With my two pregnancies, the weightloss patterns have been completely different. I will say, though, I got down to my prepregnancy weight both times. With Robbie it took 2 years to lose the weight, and with Audrey it took six months (I was a lot more motivated the 2nd time since it took so long the first time), and it didn't stay off till after I was done breastfeeding. It takes lots of work, and patience. Sadly, I believe that the more gradual it comes off the longer it will stay off. It signifies a lifestyle change that will allow long term results, as opposed to a crash diet that was traumatic to your system. I KNOW you will lose it, you are a healthy girl. But don't stress it, that is counterproductive to weightloss. I had friends who lost so much weight breastfeeding, I am not one of them. It is different for everyone. Sorry I wrote a novel long comment, but I hope that I gave you some stuff to think about. And Amy, you are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay, so I know I'm a stalker, but I come from the Rice line, and wondered if we're related. Your blog design is FANTASTIC, too...just as a side note...to make you stop trembling that someone you don't know is commenting on your very personal blog. But if you're really a Rice, you know that's how we roll. :) I'm from Utah, BYW~kind of a harmless Mormon, so it's all good...except that my husband is looking for a new wife and he's reading this over my shoulder. :)

    ReplyDelete